Hosteling at College Houses is currently CLOSED.
College Houses offers extra rooms in our student housing co-ops to travelers during the summer months from June 1st through August 1st.
College Houses offers extra rooms in our student housing co-ops to travelers during the summer months from June 1st through August 12th.
- This short-term housing is intended for people who live outside of Austin.
- Hostelers must pay for their entire stay up front (no cash).
- No Hostelers under the age of 18.
- Hostelers can only stay for up to 14 days throughout the summer at any of our houses. Any exceptions must be approved by the house.
- Hostelers should plan to check in between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm, and to check out by 1:00 pm at the end of their stay.
- Hostelers may not have overnight guests or pets.
- Hostelers who stay in a co-op where dinner is being served are welcome to eat dinner with the co-op at no extra charge.
- Hostelers must abide by all Federal, state, and local laws, as well as rules set by College Houses and the individual host co-op.
- Each hosteler will have a criminal background check performed by College Houses staff before they stay in our houses. If a criminal offense more than a minor traffic violation is reported, the Executive Director will review the report and make a decision. To insure adequate time for Executive Director review, anyone who applies less than 72 hours in advance of their stay and has more than minor traffic violations on their background check will not be accepted. Applicants are notified as soon as possible if their application is declined.
Please let us know if you have a special request – we might be able to help!
Pricing (tax included)
- Single occupancy room: $40 per person per night
- Double occupancy room*: $30 per person per night
- Triple occupancy room*: $20 per person per night
$10 discount if former member of College Houses (must prove) or referred by a current member
*Multi-occupancy rooms are intended for guests traveling together who will be staying for three or more nights.
Reserving a Room
In order to check into one of our houses, you will need to complete our hosteling application (link below) and pay for your entire stay up front (no cash). We can accommodate most applications with at least 72 hours notice, but booking one or more weeks in advance is preferred. Each person in your party will need to complete a separate application. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee a room.
Contact the Hosteling Coordinator at [email protected]