Below is a descriptive statement about how College Houses processes data and maintains the privacy of the people whose data it collects. This is not an official policy of College Houses.
College Houses Privacy Statement
The College Houses (hereafter “College Houses”) collects personal data from its members, users of its website, and other groups of people. This privacy statement will explain what data is collected and how College Houses uses it.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Changes to our privacy statement
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
College Houses collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Membership and financial records (student status, financial aid information, fees/fines, payments, etc.)
- Online usage data from visitors of our website and social media
- Data about our members’ experience during their membership (which co-op they live at, events they attend, leadership roles, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Fully or partially complete an application or contract for membership.
- Voluntarily complete a survey, internet form, or communicate with us through email, social media, or in person.
- Participate in College Houses activities such as events, meetings, or volunteering.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- View our social media pages.
How will we use your data?
College Houses collects your data so that we can:
- Communicate with you about your current, past, or prospective membership.
- Provide you with news, event invitations, and other information with the purpose of giving you opportunities to engage with us.
- Analyze your interactions with us, including your use of our website.
- Assess and improve our services to current and future members.
- Improve our advertising to attract new members
When College Houses processes a contract for membership, it will send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, outside agencies to perform a background check.
How do we store your data?
College Houses securely stores data, in paper or digital formats, about current, prospective, and former members. Some digital data is stored by one or more third party processors.
College Houses further stores digital data about community members who have expressed interest in College Houses. This data is stored securely by one or more third party processors.
What are your data protection rights?
College Houses would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request College Houses for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that College Houses correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request College Houses to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that College Houses erase select items of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that College Houses restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to College Houses’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that College Houses transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at [email protected].
Call us at: 1 (512) 476-5678
Or write to us:
ATTN: Data Processing
1906 Pearl St. #101
Austin, TX 78705
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – College Houses uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – College Houses uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website and information about your browser, device, and your IP address in order to analyze how people are using our website.
- Advertising – College Houses uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. College Houses sometimes shares some aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
The College Houses website contains links to other websites. Our privacy statement applies only to our website, so if you click on a link to another website, you should read their privacy statement.
Changes to our privacy statement
College Houses keeps its privacy statement under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This privacy statement was last updated on September 1, 2022.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about College Houses’ privacy statement, the data we hold about you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us:1 (512) 476-5678
Or write to us at:
ATTN: Data Processing
1906 Pearl St.
Austin, TX 78705
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that College Houses has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the authority in your region which handles data and/or consumer protection. In the U.S., this is the Federal Trade Commission: ftc.gov/complaint