Priority Pre-Leasing –
Current Member Lease Request

You must have a lease with College Houses this school year to use this process. New member contract requests can only be processed via the link you received in your “Membership Results Letter”. Members returning after a gap in membership must go through the normal application system.

If you are a current member interested in continuing you membership with a new contract, please complete the following steps:

  1. Complete the form linked below to reserve your room for future semesters. This lets staff know not to lease your room to someone else. They will hold your reservation until January 9, 2023.
  2. After staff processes your reservation, they will send you your new contract materials.
  3. If you are unsure whether you wish to stay at College Houses, you may wait to sign your contract. Please note that on January 9, 2023, your reservation will expire, and your room may be leased to someone else at that point.
  4. Once you sign your leasing contract and staff countersign it, you have successfully renewed your membership!


Your current deposit will carry over to your future contracts, and you will not need to re-submit payment for the membership fee.

You should only sign and submit your leasing contract when you want your lease to be legally binding. Once you have signed and submitted your lease and received a countersigned copy, you can only cancel the lease via the cancellation process (including paying the cancellation fee).

New Spring Members

If you are a new member arriving in January 2023, you are still encouraged to pre-reserve your room if you are considering re-signing for Summer 2023 or Fall 2023/Spring 2024. The reservation request is not binding, You can complete the request form now and wait to sign your contract materials until you are ready.

Your lease process is not complete you receive a countersigned lease via DocuSign.

You should not sign a legally binding contract unless you are certain you can fulfill all of the obligations; please review the contract, especially the payment schedule and cancellation policies, carefully before signing. You will incur a cancellation fee for canceling a countersigned contract, even before the contract start date, of up to $950. You will only be able to re-sign if your house still has available rooms. If you want to hold/guarantee your space in College Houses as a “back up plan” by signing a contract while you explore other options, understand that you will be responsible for paying the cancellation fee as outlined in the policy in the event of cancellation.

If you are under the age of 21 and re-signing, College Houses should already have a guarantor on file for you from your previous contract. This guaranty carries over for all renewals, so you should not need to provide guarantor information again.

Student Status
Because College Houses is an education-based non-profit, residents are required to maintain enrollment in at least 6 hours of coursework at an Austin-area college or university during the fall and spring semesters. Online coursework for institutions will only count if the institution is located in the Austin area.

In order to re-sign with us, you will be required to provide your most recent proof of enrollment along with your contract materials via DocuSign. More information on acceptable documentation will be provided with your contract.

Residents are allowed 2 “grace” semesters after the last semester in which they completed at least 6 credit hours of coursework. (The special Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 grace semesters do not count towards the 2 allowed grace semesters.) If you receive credit for less than 6 hours of coursework during the fall or spring semester, then that semester counts one of your grace semesters. Residents claiming their grace year will be required to provide documentation of their most recent enrollment at or above 6 credit hours.

*Providing false or misleading proof of enrollment with your contract is grounds for immediate contract termination with the full cancellation penalty.

College houses does not require enrollment verification for summer contracts, and summer contracts do not count against a resident’s “grace semesters.” If you are apply only for summer, please note that you must still upload a file into the form when requested. However, this is simply a technical limitation, and the file you upload will not be reviewed.