We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 two-semester lease, and for the Spring 2022 one-semester lease. You can indicate your desired move-in date when you complete your online application.
Our spring semester availability is now posted below! We encourage you to apply now for a January 2022 move-in.
We are also accepting applications for next school year, Fall 2022/Spring 2023. We do not have live availability for this leasing period posted yet, but we anticipate having plenty of new availability at most houses.
- This page shows all rooms which have not been officially leased. Leases are offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Non-binary gender rooms also available. Please simply note this when you apply.
- You may select multiple houses on your application, and order them by your preference. This increases your chances of securing a spot. You may live in one house and remain on the waiting list for another house.
- “IV” means “income verified”. These rooms are reserved for members who meet certain income requirements. Read more about IV spaces.
- Not all rooms are reserved for students with verified income. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not receive need-based financial aid.
Income Verified (IV) Spaces
Spaces labeled “IV Reserved” are reserved for individuals with demonstrated financial need. These spaces are not different from other rooms. Rather, there is simply a percentage of the total spaces reserved as Income Verified. These spaces remain reserved throughout the year for qualified residents. IV spaces cannot be released to residents who do not qualify.
If you need affordable student housing in Austin and you think you might qualify for an Income Verified reserved space, please submit a free application online! When you receive your acceptance letter, it will include a link to request a leasing contract. When you request your lease, simply select the option “Yes, I will receive U.S. need-based financial aid.” This lets our staff know to help you submit the required documentation when you sign your lease.
Not all College Houses rooms require income verification. In fact, most rooms do not have any income requirements.
Qualifying Documents to Verify Your Income
- If you have a U.S.-based financial aid package that indicates you are the recipient of a Pell Grant (full or partial), a Subsidized Stafford Loan, or another award based on financial need, this is usually the simplest way to provide the necessary verification of your income.
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loans and Parent PLUS loans do not not qualify as need-based financial aid.
- If you don’t have U.S.-based financial aid, you can verify your income by providing documentation of the annual income for each member of your household. This could include things such as their tax returns. If you are still considered a dependent of a parent or guardian, they are included in your household and need to provide income documentation.
- To qualify for a reserved IV space, your household income must be at or below 50% of the Austin area median family income, or MFI. You can find information from the City of Austin here: Income Limits
- If you aren’t sure about your documentation, please submit an application and our staff will be happy to help you sort it out.
- Note: Most College Houses rooms do not have income requirements. You only need the above documents if you are applying for a space marked “IV Reserved”.